11.17.2010

A Place For Everything


I brought my mom to the dentist this morning and started knitting the minute she went in for her root canal.  The dead silence of the waiting room was such a welcome change from yesterday's school girl screaming match.  But this was too good to be true.  Four rounds of knitting later, a man sits next to me decides that now is a good time for a marathon conversation.  (I now understand that he was probably nervous for whatever procedure he was about to endure and talking was his outlet.)  

He starts out the conversation by asking me if I am missing a knitting needle.  I wasn't and couldn't think why he would ask this question - maybe he found a needle somewhere and was holding on to it until he came across a knitter?  He pointed up to his own head and said that I had one stuck in my hair.  I laughed and explained to him that my hair was the perfect storage place to hold a cable needle while I was knitting because even if I forgot it up there, it would remain with me instead of on the coffee table in the dentist's waiting room.  Well that little verbal exchange opened up his flood gates and for the next 15 minutes, he read me tidbits from Car & Driver magazine.  Had I know he was going to read to me, I should have handed him my latest Interweave Knits.



Between the dentist and school pick-up, I was able to knit most of the cuff/arm piece of Bella's mittens.  So far so good.  I should have at least the thumb gusset and 1/2 of the hand done by tomorrow.  I'd like to knit tonight, but I can't seem to find my cable needle!

Mitten specs:  Bella's Mittens, Malabrigo Chunky in Pagoda

0 comments:

Post a Comment