11.18.2010

One Bella Down

Today's knitting was uneventful.  No screaming kids, no talkers, just knitting.  I was able to complete one mitten (although this picture doesn't show it).

Having finished one, there are a few things that I will do differently with the next pair.  The opening bells out considerably. I understand that this is to accommodate the forearm, but I'm worried it will stretch out.  To fix this, I might cast on with US size 8's instead of 9's.

As other knitters mentioned in their reviews, the hand and thumbs are short.  I did add 2 rows in each of these.  The last 2 finishing rows of the thumb make it pointy.  If you're a nose picker, this point might be handy, but it's useless to me and I think it looks stupid.

The fabric created using a bulky yarn and a worsted-weight needle is tight and should be nice and warm this winter.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Your mittens look lovely! Great yarn/pattern combination.

Post a Comment