11.21.2010

Mitts for Me

Yesterday was family portrait day.  We spent an hour and a half walking and posing all around the Hard'Ack Recreation Area.  Hay bales, corners of buildings,  a foot bridge in the woods, a soccer wall, and large rusted construction pipes made for some very interesting backdrops.  Even though the sun was out, the wind was out twice as much.  We froze our butts off (faces, ears, and hands as well)!  I was wishing I had knit us all hats, scarves and mittens for both cuteness reasons and warmth.  Regardless, our photographers were amazing and I can't wait to see the proofs of the shoot.

Once back home, I made a b-line for the fire place, being sure to grab my knitting on the way over.  But I couldn't knit quite yet.  My hands were frozen and refused to work the needles.  Several minutes and many, many cubic feet of natural gas later, I could knit.  The dog joined me for a few rows of the second Bella's Mitten.

These mittens would have been perfect on the photo shoot - they are super warm and the maroon color would have been a gorgeous contrast to our black coats.

0 comments:

Post a Comment