11.14.2010

Knit Not Lost

Despite the long vacations between posts, I have not forgotten how to knit.  It seems rather, that I've forgotten how to blog.  Like exercise, vitamins, and sleep, I should be knitting and blogging daily in order to remain "healthy" (or at the very least sane).  Going forward, I will try to do just that - exercise, take my vitamins, knit, blog, and sleep.  Nothing else!

Going backward, here is the sweater I knit for nephew O for his 4th birthday.  This picture makes the sweater look huge, but fortunate for tiny little nephew O, the sweater is between a 4 and 6T.  At his current growth rate, he should get a year or 2 of wear out of this one.

Duplicate stitching on the B was interesting.  It wasn't difficult, it was just time consuming.  If you've never done this technique before, I highly recommend watching a video tutorial. Stitching side to side (top and bottom of "B") produced a much nicer, flatter fabric than did the verticals.  The verticals puff out a bit due to the yarn crossing back and forth on the inside of the sweater.

The pattern overall is wonder, easy, and quick.  No seaming what-so-ever.  I will actually be using this pattern again to make a sweater for niece A (nephew O's little sister).

Sweater Specs:  Children's Neck Down Pullover, Dream In Color Classy in Happy Forest, Berroco Vintage in Wild Blueberry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment