6.24.2012

Charity Knitting

I've always wanted to join a KAL (knit along) and finally found the group for me.  Project Stash, a ravelry group, is about knitting things for charity using the yarn already in your stash.  And let me tell you, I have a stash.  (Not the facial hair kind ... I wax that!)  The first project is the Miranda Hat.  The deal is to make as many as you can between now and September.  I hope to make at least 10 hats.  Heaven knows I have enough worsted weight yarn to outfit a small town with hats.  

The first hat is being knit in Knit Picks Shine Worsted.  Its a soft, smooth, easy to work with superwash merino wool.  I bought several (at least that's what I told my husband) skeins of this yarn years ago and it's never seen daylight.  Green is the first hat.  Pink and camel will follow.

I haven't decided yet where I will donate these hats.  My local options are Hope Lodge (a house where cancer patients and their families can stay while going through treatment) or COTS (a shelter for people without homes).  

0 comments:

Post a Comment