11.29.2010

One Row and Only One Row

I am exhausted.  Completely exhausted.  I barely have the energy to knit (or crochet).  Our Thanksgiving holiday was jam-packed with lots of family activities, plus food galore.  My hands always seemed to be holding some tasty treat, a child, or a dish towel.

My sister-in-law and I did manage to find a few minutes to knit (though not uninterrupted) and go to Kaleidoscope Yarns (completely childless and quite).  During our brief knitting session, my row counter only moved once.  Just one row!  Luckily our LYS field trip provided me just enough of a knitting-high to last the rest of the weekend.  Come Sunday night that high had worn off, my hands were shaking, and I just had to knit AND crochet.  I worked a few rounds on the second Incognito Cowl, and many rounds of a Scrappy Crochet Stocking.

My husband's family is coming to stay with us for Christmas and 3 adults don't have stockings.  That's just down right sacrilegious.  So I dug deep into the bellows of my stash and found some variegated yarn that I purchased back in 2004 at a tent sale.  (Who can pass up discounted yarn?)  I've crocheted a stocking before using the Scrappy Crochet Stocking pattern and it's super fast, and super cute.  This one won't be made with yarn scraps tied together, so it should be even quicker.  They have to be - I need to make 2 more stockings, plus finish 3 cowls, knit 2 more pair of Bella's mittens, and 2 dishcloths all before Christmas.

This means less typing and more knitting (or crocheting).

1 comments:

Steven Ray said...

Great quality and you can tell you love what you do.

Congrats!

Post a Comment