1.01.2009

Lady Eleanor Entrelac Wrap - all wrapped up.

Started 12/18/08 and finished, I mean completely finished 1/1/09, is one of the best items I've ever knitted. This wrap was my first attempt at entrelac, and just like mittens and socks, I don't know what I was so afraid of. Knit some, knit two together, turn and purl. Repeat. What's so hard about that??!! Absolutely nothing.

The yarn is Silk Garden by Noro. 45% silk, 45 % kid mohair, 10% lamb's wool. Definitely pricey, but 100% worth it. At first it felt really scratchy but after I soaked it in "Soak" and blocked it, the scratchiness became silky-smoothness.

I wish I could keep this project but the recipient is well-deserving. All I have to do know is wrap it up and pass it on.

Pattern: "Lady Eleanor Entrelac Wrap", in Scarf Style, page 52-56.

0 comments:

Post a Comment